Maryland Day Bicycle Valet Coordinator
Position closes on Feb. 28th, 2011
Position starts on March 8th, 2011
bikeUMD will provide bike valet services at this year’s Maryland Day Event on Saturday, April 30th.
The intern would support the bike coordinator in developing the following materials:
- Benchmark other universities who employ this type of bicycle parking
- Evaluation of temporary bike racks and vendors
- Analysis of location of temporary/event bicycle parking
- Analysis of recommended routes to and around campus.
- Directions for event-goers who arrive by bike
- Marketing materials alerting event-goers to the availability of event specific bike parking
- Coordination with Special Events regarding appropriate car traffic flow around area designed for bikes
The bike valet coordinator will need to be present on Maryland Day, April 30th, 2011
Hours: Between 7:30 am and 4:15 pm, times are negotiable, work is part-time, 5 to 10 hours a week. (10 hours are expected)
Applicants must be current University of Maryland Students.
Please forward a resume and cover letter to Beverly Malone or apply through Careers for Terps: http://www.careercenter.umd.edu/home.cfm
University of Maryland Department of Transportation Services
Regents Drive Garage, Bldg 202
College Park, Maryland 20742