BikeUMD Bicycle Ambassador
What is bikeUMD?
bikeUMD is a campus program with the goal of promoting bicycling within the UMD community. Funding comes primarily from the Department of Transportation Services (DOTS) but the program also depends heavily on collaborations with the Campus Bike Shop in Cole field house and the Campus Police.
What are we looking for in a Bicycle Ambassador?
We are looking for energetic, punctual students, faculty and staff who are comfortable riding a bicycle and eager to advocate for improved bicycle facilities on our campus. Candidates should be interested in promoting safe and fun biking behaviors and events. Interested students should not expect to graduate before spring of 2011.
- Chalk bicycle related messages
- Pass out bicycle related information during Bicycle Week (April 5 – April 9, 2010) (Please be willing to commit to 4 hours of volunteer time during this week.)
- Attend training sessions and informational sessions. (No more than 2 a semester) (food provided)
- Share announcements about bicycling on campus through facebook, twitter, email and other social media
- Represent the student body by giving input and feedback on facilities and plans
- Other opportunities to promote cycling:
- Lead bicycle tours, assist with helmet fittings, promote use of u-locks, etc.
- Bicycle Ambassador T-Shirts
- The chance to win a messenger bag
- Opportunity to be part of the development of a larger bike community at UMD
- Ambassadorships are unpaid
For more information about bikeUMD, visit our blog https://bikeumd.wordpress.com/
Please indicate your interest by February 26, 2010 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org